Friday, August 05, 2005

‘Cause, well, you know…. Christmas IS coming….

Have I mentioned I’m a compulsive list maker? I am making Sweet Boy’s Christmas list…. It is August. Oh well. He wants to check out Thomas the Train on dvd…. The kid has no cartoon dvd’s and I refuse to start him out with Bohbah or whatever those warty uncircumcised penises that come in a staggering array of neonish colors are called. A penis with eyes…. Ew and double-ew…. That is what nightmares are made of….

Ok, so beyond Thomas he really needs some sort of tub toy organizer… something.

He might need snowboots… but there might be a pair in the hand-me-downs “size 2” tubs… I guess I do have until, oh, NOVEMBER or so to figure that out.

Geez, beyond that all he really needs is a bigger drawer to stash items hidden in travel mugs….. I worry…. The kid isn’t much on playing with toys. He loves his rocking wooden moose & that fraggin’ make-me-insane Elmo guitar but other than that he would rather be banging on stuff with a wooden spoon or stacking measuring cups…. Is that normal?

2 comments:

SierraBella said...

That is so totally normal!
Does he also like empty boxes and cartons?
My kids (and grandson) always liked to play with household items.
I spent an hour one day, letting my 2 year old grandson open and smell every one of my spices, and he thought it was great fun! Now he loves to help me cook.

Susan said...

Just wait, Homestead--my oldest son was just like your boy. Now he's five, and all I hear is 'We need some new toys! Can we go to Target today? And buy a [fill in name of thing he does NOT need]?'

I miss the wooden spoon and travel mug days.