We've made a decision. Well, Hot Stuff decided and I agree. We are going to start dating. Each other. Our date night will be the 12th of every month. We met on the 12th and we used to try to do something on the 12th but the habit sort of fell by the wayside. Originally we were going to try to go out together once a week but getting a babysitter and then we'd feel like failures if we didn't.... so we are starting small.
Officially, we are starting tonight (I know, I know... it's the 14th.... it's all about flexibility.)
Last night I accidentally got back to town from working early (bad road worries so we cut things short) so I got groceries. We put together a lovely lasagna. Tonight, well, let me set the stage:
- The house is clean. (That's what happens when Hot Stuff works all day Saturday & Sweet Boy decides the feather duster is a COOL toy.)
- Clean flannel sheets on the bed and all the pillows are fluffed.
- A gorgeous lasagna -heavy on the basil- is in the fridge ready for the oven.
- A bag of salad is waiting to be tossed & there is a cheese cake for dessert (Sara Lee). (Shut up.... it's the thought that counts.)
- The (fake) champagne is chilling.
- The table has a centerpiece of many candles and gorgeous red candles are placed strategically throughout the house.
- My favorite Aveda scented oil is in the humidifier on the pellet stove... combined with the smell of lasagna? Oh, it screams seduction.
- I shaved my legs.
- I made a new mix of massage oil & my nails are short enough to give an honestly high-quality massage.
- The ringer on the phone is off.
- The bathtub is clean and I have bubbles.
- The Boy will join us for dinner and then he goes to bed at 8:00.