Monday, January 14, 2008

Rookie Mistake #436

IYesterday morning I asked my favorite three-year-old, "What do you want for breakfast?"

Veteran moms can already see the mistake I made.

You never ask an open-ended question. Ever.

You give options.

"Do you want toast or cereal?"

Or, more realistically at our house on a Saturday morning....

"Do you want left-over pizza or waffles?"

(I love waffles... with butter and brown sugar and no syrup. Can I talk about that for a minute? I love waffles. It's genetic. Passed down from my mom's mom. She said never trust someone who only eats one waffle. Good advice, this.)

So. I made a mistake. I asked the open-ended question. Guess who had two plain hot dog buns -no hot dogs- with mayonnaise for breakfast?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But at least he didn't puke it up!

Sorry to hear about the raging barfnasty going on in your house, and glad it's over.

Elle said...

mmm breakfast of champions