Thursday, January 17, 2008

Celebrity at the Homestead

Erin.... of unclutterer.com fame commented on yesterday's post. It's like my own little celebrity sighting....

Hah! I actually COUNTED the mugs in the cupboard this morning.... I have 14.... including 2 uni-tasker reindeer ones that only come out for the holidays.

Erin is down to 8 mugs.... I might be jealous.... but she also only has 8 place settings for her table.... we have, um, significantly more than that..... so, while I'm not going to be winning any unclutterer.com serene space awards or anything.... I do feel pretty good about my 14 mugs.

Wait, you say. K, you are the ultimate in anti-social.... why do you NEED more than 8 place settings? Well.... I have family. Lots of family. And we have the perfect party home.... well, except for the ONE BATHROOM part. We have a great porch and deck and yard. We have fields and a creek. We are close to town. We have a horse shoe pit. We have a hammock. People like to hang out here.

Granted... our dining room is so tiny if I put all the leaves in the table the entire room would just be one giant platform.... but if we put the big round card table in the living room and the kids table in the laundry room we have seating for around 20. And that's without using the tables on the porch and deck! And I love to set a beautiful white on white table for 20.... especially when someone else is bringing the food. (I'll bake a ham... you bring the rest....)

Sure, most times the gatherings are more Chinet quality.... but about once a year we like to put on a feed that requires the use of a gravy boat and multiple glassware. We're just classy like that.

So I've decided.... I'm happy with my mug count. Now on to the next thing.... tomorrow I'm going to talk about my kids' closets!!!

No comments: