Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It was like the "barf-o-rama" scene in Stand By Me...

Good News (?) #1: It wasn't food poisoning.
Hilarious Quote #1: "Do you think other people clean out the fridge at 2:45am??"

Things I am thankful for #1: Color-safe bleach, clorox wipes, hand sanitizer.
Good News (?) #2: A flu shot wouldn't have helped.
Hilarious Quote #2: "Did you put (sniff, sniff) peppermint in the toilet bowl?"
Things I am thankful for #2: Hot water heaters, clean bathtubs, warm jammies right out of the dryer.
Good News (?) #3: All the bedding, towels. sleeping bags & blankets in our house needed to be washed anyway.
Hilarious Quote #3: "Mom, my bottom just threw up. Seriously, mama, my bottom is sick."
Things I am thankful for #3: Pedialyte that expired in 2006 (the last time we all got sick), Popsicles that aren't grape, chicken soup in a can.
Good News (?) #4: The lightheadedness I felt on Monday was from not eating in anticipation of getting the puking-barfs rather than from ACTUALLY getting the puking-barfs.
Hilarious Quote #4: "Toast. Toast. Toast. I love toast. toast. toast."
Things I am thankful for #4: oatmeal bath soaks, acid mantle, lemon-lime gatorade.
Good News (?) #5: Hot Stuff lost 5 pounds.
Hilarious Quote #5: "Please can we go outside? I promise not to throw up in a snow bank."
Things I am thankful for #5: movies on dvd worth watching twice, magazines, kids feeling good enough to ask for m&m's for dinner.
Remember people: True love is moving towards someone who is throwing up.

4 comments:

MeesheMama said...

My bottom just threw up.

There's a part of me that can't wait to use that line someday.

Hope you are all recovered.

Leanne said...

OMG. What a day to stumble on your blog. Lol.

Hope you're all 100% soon.

M&Co. said...

Oh man I hope everyone is on the mend now1

Elle said...

Amen, sister -- true love is moving toward someone barfing; or running with someone toward a barf receptacle as you hold their ponytail & run a washcloth under cool water -- You rock, Mamma