Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Does reading material collect on the back of your toilet?

One good thing about the "week of fluids" around here.... I decimated my magazine pile. Gone. I'm completely caught up. Amazing.

I had several years worth of Better Homes & Gardens in the shed... for what reason? I don't know. So I gave myself a goal.... I sorted them by month and then every month I read that month's pile. I finished that up in August but there were still a few random old mags floating around in a pile under the bed. You know I don't like anything under the bed. So I flipped through those and downloaded the articles I wanted to keep from bhg.com.

We get Health, BHG, Handyman's, Eastman's, Eastman's Bowhunting & a small farm life magazine. I get hand-me-downs of Oprah, More & Good Housekeeping.

Why am I telling you all of this? I dunno. But I'm pleased to report the only magazine (of mine anyway) in the house is the January issue of BHG. (Fabulous, by the way... great stuff in there.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just did an exodus of bathroom reading magazines. Got rid of this annoying Time mag with Mitt Romney on the cover, because who wants to look at him while they poo or stop in for a quick pee?
Now we're down to a Curiosly Compelling Bathroom Reader on each pot...the new one of which always winds up in another room because it's so compelling. It makes you look forward to the poo...and now you know way more about me that you wanted to!