Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Watching.

We watched Borat this weekend. I dunno, maybe I went in with low expectations, but I kinda liked it. There were laugh-out-loud moments and, in general, the whole movie just made me feel kinda.... uncomfortable. And I think it is good to feel uncomfortable once in a while. It made me realize how hopelessly comfortable I usually am.... know what I mean?

Now I wish I'd paid attention to all the things the critics said about the movie... didn't they get sued a couple times over it? And, not to be too 'neck, but is the actor the same guy who is in Talladega Nights????

Other movies I've seen recently: Flyboys (good by nothing like the book... not even the same war, actually....), Flags of Our Fathers (good, still have to read the book... not sure I'm ready for it....), The Illusionist (good, love Edward Norton), Some movie with Robin Williams becoming president (Bad, wanted a funny movie.... not funny, not compelling), Little Miss Sunshine (good, clever).

As you can see.... my review criteria are very limited. One good line can redeem an entire movie in my world.

On tv we are watching The Black Donnelly's on Monday nights. (And, yes, I still watch Heroes... more out of sick habit than acutal enjoyment) Tuesdays are pathetic. Wednesday is Friday Night Lights. Thursdays: The Office, My Name is Earl & ER. Friday is Vegas. I would like to watch Grey's Anatomy, Numbers, Deadwood & CSI: Las Vegas but we don't get the channels.... Any other tv shows I should be watching or get the series on dvd?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed you have time to watch all those movies and TV. My evenings are spent, fixing dinner, eating dinner, getting the BoyChild ready for bed, getting the GirlChild ready for school the next day.

We have, however, been watching Scrubs in re-runs on the fox network here. It is a sweet little show and shows some of the characters insecurities and foible's.

Anonymous said...

I STILL CAN'T POST COMMENTS AS MYSELF!!!!

Snort. Well, that's my movie watching list going back quite a while.... we do try to watch a grown up movie every weekend....

And we can watch all that tv because most of the time it is RERUNS... Ok, I confess a lot of times it is taped and watched later.... or half-watched while playing "chase" or "race cars" or paying bills or folding laundry or something.... but we've been trying to give ourselves conscious down time every week rather than just blindly turning on the tv when we get home and leaving it on all night.

-Homestead

Unknown said...

I see I'm not the only person in the world who only gets NBC! Oh, and I'm on dialup too.