Monday, March 05, 2007

It's Monday.

So I've slacked a bit on this.

Today your job is to deal with your stick. Sounds kinky, right? No, silly, your chapstick.

And, yes, I am in the process of baby-proofing my house, why do you ask? What? Your kids have never eaten a chapstick???

The goal is to locate your lip balm, assess it, use it up or replace it as needed.

So I have several places I keep lip balm items:

The car: I have a glass-shine squeeze tube of tinted stuff in the car. I don't love it but it handles the heat/freezing well. When it is used up I will replace it with a screw-top wand-applicator tube of something delightful.

The decanter on the fridge: I have an antique alcohol thingy on my fridge and in one of the little shot glasses resides my mail chapstick. Currently I'm using up the last "Natural Ice -After All, It's Inglenook" advertising lip balm from back in the day when I worked for WME. Once we close that chapter I'll start in on one of the many Burt's Bees balms Santa keeps bringing me.

The drawer in the living room: We have this drawer (I'll post photos later) that contains, well, those things.... nail files & hand lotion & clippers & stuff. I have a lip conditioner tube in there.

The bedside table: Tricky one.... little fingers tend to get into this space when they are supposed to be napping. So, in a zippered container shoved way in the back I have a nail file, foot lotion & lip guck..... what else might be in that container? Hah.... that stuff is in another special place....

My purse: I have about eleventy-million lip balms, glosses & sticks in my purse. Well, ok, I counted.... actually there are 3.

Work: I have a nice lipgloss & a plain lip balm in my desk drawer.

That's it. That's all I need. The rest are brand-new Burt's Bees stashed in the tub with the spare toothbrushes & extra vitamins. Now I just have to talk myself into "releasing" those half used tubes of brownish Lancome lipstick my mom gave me from her "freebie" gifts.

I can do it. I can do it.

No comments: