Monday, March 05, 2007

So do they have the seasonal GSC ice cream in the stores yet???

Lordy, I am so FULL of Girl Scout Cookies. Hot Stuff bought a box from the daughter of every guy he works with and I bought a couple boxes from the lovely Big.

I read Elle's post regarding cookie distribution and, honestly, I thought she was just saying she was doing that to up all the projects and ceiling fan installation she's been doing.... because she doesn't want to make me feel guilty for not getting off my ass and doing any of the many, many home improvement projects on my list. I also believed this because I hadn't received my shipment of samoas & thin mints. So I called her to tease her about it and she swore she'd shipped them..... hmmmm, I though, a mystery....

I couldn't believe Hot Stuff would eat them.... not his thing. Our UPS guy is usually pretty reliable and leaves things in the dining room door (we have huge space between the screen & the door... the beauty of old log houses that have been sided) or on the big (pellet storage) trunk outside the door. Nope, no cookies there. So I wandered around to the other door.... the one that faces the road and opens into the living room... the one we never open unless it is time to take down the Christmas wreath. Lo-and-behold (where DOES that phrase come from, anyway??) THERE WERE MY COOKIES.

I had a blue & fuzzy moment and split a box of lemonades with Sweet Boy. Then I wised up and stashed the rest in the freezer in the garage. As you may know, my garage is across the yard from the house so at least I will be getting a good workout running back and forth retrieving my snacks.

No comments: