Monday, March 05, 2007

3 More Reasons I Won’t Be Getting Mother of the Year

Subtitle: Confessions of an “earnest” mommy.

I didn’t know you weren’t supposed to give kids under 3 popcorn. The almonds he sometimes gets to eat? Yes, I know I’m risking a trip to the ER to have tiny bits of rock-hard nut picked out of his lungs after he inhales them. But popcorn? How else am I supposed to do a trip to Target without the $1 combo #1???

Darling Girl started to fall off a high place… instead of just letting her fall and land on the soft rug I smooshed her poor little self into the cabinets trying to break her fall. Poor baby. But, when I confessed to the nurse at her 6 month appt, she said, “Uh-huh. And it won’t be the last time….”

I saved a toilet paper tube to test some of SB’s toys that DG sometimes plays with…. I put the tp tube down, grabbed the tub of toys, turned back around and…. All that was left of the tp tube was a sodden, slimy lump of cardboard…. That girl sure can move fast... and this was even before she knew how to crawl.....

No comments: