Friday, March 16, 2007

There's a coherent thought in here somewhere....

I've been pretty lazy about checking up on other blogs lately.... mostly because, while I rarely post comments, it really bothers me I CAN'T post comments as myself in blogger these days.... and every time I've tried to fix it I've been screwed over by my dial-up connection. (And, please, let's not get into why I have dial-up.... it will make me cry.)

So anyway, I was cruising around and found this post by Candace at Suburban Misfit. No, I'm not considering shutting down this blog.... (Honestly, I consider a lot of what I write here to be the only baby-book material my children will get.) But I've been kicking around a post about writing and improved writing for a while.... and she kinda covers that for me. Most bloggers wax poetic on their bloggaversary about how much their writing has improved and how poor their early posts seem now that they've had writing practice..... yeah, not so much over here. My writing has actual gotten worse. And my clever, quick wit seems to have left the building... permanently.... I feel like I'm standing on an empty street corner shouting, "No, really, I'm funny..... I am. I'm really funny!" Looking at the last year or so of posts I can only pick out a handful I really like.... most are just frantic scribbles.

But I think I need those frantic scribbles and I plan to ride out this crazy phase (into the next crazy phase) and hope to put up a decent post every ten posts or so.....

I had a really funny post planned in my head about the new Cetaphil cleanser I got at Costco but DOOCE beat me too it. It's just as well... her post was damn clever and well written. Mine would have gone something like this:

Got new face cleanser for in the shower.... looks & feels (but doesn't smell or taste) just like.... um..... boy juice.... you know. Now whenever I'm in the shower with Hot Stuff I can't help darting my eyes back and forth between him and the bottle and wonder.....

I mean, really, didn't you ever have a guy in college tell you it was really great for your skin??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The thing that I wondered about as I was reading this:

How do you know what Cetaphil Cleanser tasts like?

Anonymous said...

What? You've never tasted your cleanser??

Well... I'll tell you what it WASN'T... it WASN'T me thinking, "Did Hot Stuff...." slurp. ew. "Nope. He didn't." :)

Homestead