Monday, March 26, 2007

3's

3 creative kid projects for the weekend.
1. Made flubber (thanks for the recipe Elle)
2. Made a fort out of a cardboard box
3. Hauled some dirt in a plastic dump truck (What? Not creative, I know.... but it beats telling you we made a volcano in the toilet bowl (vinegar & baking soda) and then scrubbed it....)

3 movies we watched this weekend.
1. Holiday (cutesy & a definite stretch... but worth it for Jack Black's eyebrows)
2. Everyone's Hero (adorable and the "About Chris" (Reeves was a director) piece was lovely)
3. Catch a Fire (OH. MY. Thought provoking and well done. Love Tim Robbins even if Hot Stuff doesn't appreciate his politics and peta....)

3 things I cooked this weekend.
1. waffles. yummy, vanilla waffles
2. fried egg & bacon sandwiches
3. Guinness pot roast (with lovely sweet potatoes, onions & carrots soaked in the broth)

3 places I went this weekend.
1. Target (to get glue for the flubber)
2. the grocery store (alone... it was like a trip to the spa)
3. Kid Fest (bouncy houses and demos of stuff.... fun but I was offended by the expense of all the 3-minute runs at the bounce houses and super-slide.... it was worth it to see the giant grin on Sweet Boy's face.... but a trip to the park would have been cheaper... And it made me miss Elle and our excellent workout at the Bouncy place in Colorado....

3 things I didn't do but had on my list.
1. Go for a walk (busy or lazy on Saturday and rainy on Sunday)
2. Go to the swimming pool
3. Mop

3 things I did just for myself.
1. Worked in the flower beds... just pulling grass & planning
2. Read (Still slogging through The Fiery Cross.. and still amazed fiery isn't spelled firey....)
3. Sipped Crown Royale while chatting with my husband

No comments: