Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pizza Crust

So I'm making stromboli tonight.  Sort of following this recipe.

But I like my (mom's) pizza crust recipe.  It's in the red Betty cookbook.

Here's the thing.... I CAN NEVER FIND IT. 

Why?

Because it is behind the CHEESE & EGG tab.

But..... it is alphabetized behind that tab as...... T.  T?  Why not C for crust or P for pizza?

Traditional Cheese Pizza. T.

Sigh.  Who wrote this cookbook?  Betty... what were you thinking?  T for Pizza.

The sad thing is the recipe is REALLY simple.  I should have it in my head.

Pizza Crust
(makes two small 12" thin crust pizzas or one big medium crust pizza)

1 pkg active dry yeast
1 c warm water
2 1/2 c flour
2 TBS oil
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Dissolve yeast in water, stir in everything else.  Beat 20 strokes.  Let rest 5 minutes.

Done.

No comments: