Monday, September 12, 2011

Where I Fail Again as a Cook

 My son has an unnatural love of jarred alfredo sauce.  I think it tastes funny.  And, also, it is expensive... he can easily eat a jar by himself in a few days if given free reign.

So when Costco stopped carrying it recently (Sidenote:  Did you know if the label at Costco has an * on it the item is seasonal and when the price ends in a 7 it is going out-of-stock.  Yes, My name is Homestead and I am addicted to Costco.) I tried my hand at homemade.

I used this recipe and it was easy and..... NOT A HIT.  I found it a bit thick and a bit bland.  The kids cried.  I'd site the source but I don't know where it came from.

1/2 c butter
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, chunked
1 c half and half
1/3 c parmesan
1 TBS garlic powder (optional)

Melt butter.  Add cream cheese.  Melt and stir.  Add the rest and stir.  Serve over pasta.



I think it was the cream cheese.....So next time I am trying this.....

1/2 c butter
2 1/2 c half and half
1 1/2 c parmesan
pepper and salt

Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes.

Heart attack on a platter.

No comments: