Thursday, February 01, 2007

Oops. I forgot about Monday

Well, it is Thursday. Do I have an excuse for not figuring out a Monday project? No.

So here's the project. Quick and dirty.

Clean your car.

Don't get all crazy and VACUUM it... it is 18 degrees and blizzarding here.... there will be no vacuuming.

I mean just get it organized.... Hell, you can do this while you are stuck waiting for a train..... Clean out the console box. (Yes, I have a lot of crap in there too.)

Toss the dried-out wet wipes.

Re-think the gallon-sized zip loc bags for each kids' stuff in the spare tire storage area. What? You don't have this? I have a sweatshirt and a change of clothes for SB (including socks... somehow he always manages to pee on his socks) and clothes and a spare diaper/wipes for DG. Every once in a while I have to up the sizes of everything. I also have an old pullover jacket for me and various items needed for winter living in Montana....

Oh, this is fun. Ok, the glove box... or jockey box... depending on where you live. Since I actually keep gloves in it I'm going to go with the former....

A little red bag containing: advil/excedrine/aleve, imodium, antihistamine, a tampon, bandaids, hand lotion
A little pair of stretchy gloves
Camp suds (eco-soap in the liquid variety.... for washing the dog in a creek after he rolls in cow shit..... trust me, it's the most used item in my car)
Hand sanitizer (for me, after the above episodes)
A bottle opener (what? I'm from Montana)
Spare headphones
Dog leash
Travel tissue packet
Registration & proof of insurance
Map

Console box: ipod, ipod charger, sunglasses case, ziploc of rabbit crackers, lip gloss, pencil, toy tractor

Under the seat: Roller window shade, travel box for butt wipes, bottle of water (Go ahead, Elle, admit you have a giant rock under your seat)

Trunk area: the above mentioned ziploc bags, various winter items depending on the day, a blanket & chew bone for the dog

Don't leave home without: sippy & sunglasses for the boy, paci & blanket for the girl, coffee & sunglasses for the mama, diet pepsi & nicotene gum for the daddy-o

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with your organizational skilz. I had to drive my husband's car a few days ago, and he seriously needs to get his car organized.

Elle said...

I'm on it . . . fortunate for our organizational endeavors, it's been sub-zero here . . which means I'm running kiddo pick up . . . which translates into waiting in the pick up line for 20 minutes every afternoon. Plenty of time to sort and pitch and clean the dashboard with butt wipes.