Monday, February 05, 2007

Drugs. Drugs. Drugs.

Elle has posted the challenge for this week.

Drugs.

I found baby decongestant with about half a dose left in the bottle..... and it expired in 2004. So help me.

I did the daycare bag drugs.
I did the kid drugs.
I did the daddy drugs.
I did the mama drugs.
I did the first aide drugs.
I did the cough & cold drugs.
I did the aches & pains drugs.

I flushed half a bottle of advil. What?!?! You say?!?! Yes. Hot Stuff has been complaining about this bottle for years..... I accidentally stored it in a cabinet next to a basket of opened soaps so it tasted like.... soap.

I ordered a new epi-pen. (And chucked the old expired ones I keep around just-in-case.)

I took the drugs out of the car, the purse and the travel kit and put them "back in rotation" so they will get used up and I replaced them with "fresh" stuff.

I realized I need to get more little batman bandaides.

Heck, I got so gung-ho I used up the "big kid wipes" my mom bought for potty-training.... felt great to toss that container. I know, I know... not technically a drug but still.... go me.

I re-thought drug storage in our house. Currently everything goes in the cupboard over the dryer (not as inconvenient as it sounds.... it is between the kitchen and the bathroom.... some day I will draw my house floor plan and you all will laugh....) The old prescription stuff that is worth keeping goes in a bin on the top shelf. The cough, cold, aches & pains stuff goes in a bin (another mini-crate that was a cd case in college) on the bottom shelf next to the first aid stuff. Then there is the big tub of "extra" stuff..... like the giant CostCo bottles of stool softener and the 47 bottles of GNC prenatal vitamins the state sent me when I registered for the prenatal program. All in all it is pretty efficient and it does keep it all above the heads of the little ones.

Ok, I'm going to make a Virgo confession here.... I save those tiny bags spare buttons come in and I put little mixes of advil-tylenol-aleve-excedrin in them for my purse, glove box & travel kit....

Ok, I'm off to sort bandaides by size and style now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go you!

You carry emergency meds in your car and diaper bag? I just say, "oh shit, we need fill in the blank, honey, run to Walgreens."

And the idea about the littly bitty button bags is great!