Thursday, February 22, 2007

Lent

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday. I did not make waffles for dinner on Tuesday and I did not go to church yesterday. So I'm not a good Catholic... what else is new??

One year I gave up chocolate & coffee for Lent... that was a good one. Back in the days when I was in great shape & exercised and wasn't a slave to cravings like I am now.

This year we are not going to punish ourselves for Lent. No. We are going to be proud and strong and productive.

Susan is giving up multi-tasking. It's a great post. Go read it.

I'm giving up starting another project until I finish the one I'm on now. For example, yesterday I made new face washclothes for Darling Girl. Adorable little double-thickness squares of the softest and most beautiful blue and white striped fabric. They look great with her eyes. And she likes to snuggle them. She likes them so much I'm thinking of cutting out a teddy bear shape and making her a little flat-stanley bear to play with... because, of course, what the kid needs is more toys. But I will FINISH with the blue and white fabric and put the extra bits away before I start anything else.... or that's the plan anyway.

My second Lenten Resolution is to make a list of 40 things that need doing and getting them done. I've made it to 26 and I'm stuck.... so help me please.

1 comment:

Z said...

I'm here from Mary P, because of your phrase "can look like ToysRUs barfed in it ". Fabulous. I'll be back.

Which is not meant to sound like a threat.