Monday, March 28, 2005

No More Dark.

Mid-February is hard for me. By February the weather is starting to get to me. I crave sunlight & sandals. My grandmother’s birthday is February 22nd and I miss her every day but I miss her the most at Christmas time and her birthday. The baby we lost (that sounds so odd but I don’t know how else to refer to s/he) was due around the 16th. I take comfort that, based on how late Sweet Boy was, the “lost baby” would have been born on Grandma’s birthday. She would have loved that. I’m sure she is holding that baby in heaven right now.

Needless to say, I am glad February is the shortest month and nothing makes me happier than seeing March. No more leaving home for work in the dark. No more getting home after work in the dark. No more playing ball with the dog in the dark. No more dark. I understand why the ancients celebrated spring with such joy…. I think I will get off the computer and go do a little celebrating myself. I might even invite my husband for a little Bauccian (sp?) celebration of fertility….. I have a bottle of wine I’ve been saving for a special occasion… this might just be it.
Here’s to Spring.

1 comment:

M&Co. said...

Oh I know what you mean! I love spring so much because it means there is hope and we all aren't going to freeze in a dark frozen wasteland.