Friday, March 18, 2005

Baby (fat) Blues....

When thinking about my shape I always vaguely remember a section from one of those books by Madeleine L'Engle… you know, the writer of “A Wrinkle In Time.” One of the books that followed “Wrinkle” had a scene in which a young girl takes her measurements and reports that they are 20-20-20….. I feel like that. Except it is more like 42-34-38….. (thank you breast feeding). But that waist measurement!!! And I’m being generous saying 34. I’ve never had much of a waist anyway…. Short-bodied compounded by scoliosis…. And my bottom ribs are even with my hip bones….. let’s just say I don’t wear belts and look ridiculous in a bathing suit. The only thing that saves me is I am tall and I know how to dress. Lots of jackets, vests and hip-skimming tees. Scarves to draw the attention away. And I don’t wear anything with a line of close-set buttons or a zipper up the front because it follows the snake that is my spine in an s-shaped curve.

No comments: