Fifteen Interesting Facts:
1. yeah.... I really got nothing. I'm not even sure why I blog I so have nothing to say. Um, ok..... let's start again....
1. I don't watch much tv but I really like "Raising Hope" and that means it will be cancelled soon.... why do shows about babies never last??
2. Lists. LOVE lists. All sorts of lists.
3. I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins. My son recently saw a guy in a dolphins beanie and said, "Look mom, there's the other guy that likes your team." I keep a dolphins sticker on the inside of the most-used kitchen cupboard to remind myself to be faithful and dedicated to what I believe in.
4. Office supplies. Love office supplies.... especially binder clips. SO very useful. I have a binder clip on the toothpaste, chip bags, charger cords, labeled binder clips marking things on my shelves at work. Attached to my jump drives so I can clip them in my briefcase.
5. I will squeeze a nickel until the buffalo poops. I don't do debt. I try to be thrifty but sometimes I'm cheap. I'm trying to teach my kids to live without. It ain't a fun lesson.
6. I drive a minivan and I'm ok with it. By the way... it has AWD and it will go places you can not go. Also.... it can haul a lot of hay, it has a good sound system and I let the dog in once a week to eat the stray m&m's and pretzels. Also... I love heated leather seats. I think they should be a tax write-off as a theraputic device.
7. I like Dansko clogs, Smith sunglasses, vintage jewelry & cardigan sweaters.
8. I have had 6 surgeries. My knee, my back, my ankle 3 times, my eyes (lasik), my sinuses... oh wait...that's 7. Surgery sucks.
9. I am allergic to latex. (all that surgery) I have no other allergies. 20 years of claratin for a not-real pine allergy..... I coulda bought a lot of good chocolate and red wine with that money.
10. I sleep on a buckwheat pillow.
11. I talk to my sister and/or my mother and/or my mother-in-law several times a week. I also have two sisters-in-law who pretty much rock. I have Elle & Kaye. Other than that I don't maintain a lot of women friends in real life. Friendship is a lot of work. I'm ok with it.
12. I am starting to miss parts of my old self. The active parts. Fishing, kayaking, skiing, hiking.... I need these things back in my life.
13. Until 2011 I had dial-up internet access. I don't have cell service in my house. I do not text. I have a Motorola Barage phone.... we call it the playschool phone. I keep a paper calendar. I just (today) learned how to make a ringtone. And, yes, my job is about 50% information technology. Does that frighten you?
14. I like to cook. I hate to meal plan.
15. I've always been a reader. Love the library. Subscribe to 4 magazines and would get more if the clutter and cost didn't drive me insane. I'll read the back of the tylenol bottle if that's all that is available. I like trashy books. I like history. I like fiction, non-fiction, self-help, spirituality, budget.... every category.