I'm so restless right now.
I'm supposed to be in Colorado.
And I'm not.
And I'm resentful.
So I've been starting things and not finishing them.... an old bad habit that I fight on a regular basis... I've had it more in control the last few years but when things go bad it comes right back like an eating disorder or hoarding or something.
Is starting and not finishing a certifiable disorder?
Add to this... my sister-in-law has been here the last few days. So there is that added bit of stress... it isn't a huge stress or anything because generally she's easy to tolerate and I know she always means well.
It's just another of my many inadequacies.... I'm a score keeper. Her kids are involved in all the activities and excel at everything. Her ten-year-old has a nicer ipod than I do. Her seven-year-old has nicer clothes than I do. Forget feeling bad for my kids... I feel bad for me! It really does strike me how ridiculous I sound when I put it like that...
So to recap:
1. I start things and don't finish them.
2. I keep score and secretly deem myself inadequate because I never rank.
Obviously I lack self-discipline.
So I must regiment myself.
1. Last night I made up kid beds and tidied their room, I set up my flowerbed sprinklers and I cleaned off the front porch. Can I tell you there were a pair of male socks balled up on the porch (and they weren't from the child....)? Also an empty cat litter pan and a pile of rocks. I also stopped on my way home from work and bought treats for "movie" day today at daycare. I grilled burgers and dogs and played on the hammock with the kids.
2. This morning I finished cleaning the bathroom, did some laundry, picked up the living room, reconfigured the laundry room, cleaned the fridge and tidied the kitchen.
3. Tonight I will re-reconfigure the laundry room because i don't like it and banish the new flimsy shelves I bought to the shed where they will help me organize. Then I will rethink the dreaded laundry room corner. Pictures soon. I must also fold the laundry I did this morning and someday I HAVE to vacuum the living room.
4. Things I have purchased that must be returned: The shelf hanger thing for wine glasses (doesn't fit my cabinet), the cubbie cubes I bought at Lowe's (too expensive and not the right thing).
5. Things I must buy: shaving cream for Hot, kid claratin for Tuff (she's all runny nosed and itchy-eyed for some reason... so I will try claratin), 3 big boxes for the laundry room to store kid memory stuff in.
6. Things I should clean but haven't: the computer corner.... A solid 30 minutes of filing and cleaning would probably take care of it but I just haven't done it.
Ugh. This is like the third Monday this week.