Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The things you hear if you listen long enough....

"I don't know if mice taste good... let's not find out, ok buddy?" (Hot Stuff & Sweet Boy on the front porch this morning watching the cat enjoy her fresh breakfast.)

"Well, her daddy's big farm sure makes her ass look smaller." (Only my brother could say something like that.....)

"I wish we had a bigger fuckin' tv." (ME..... watching game 7 of the Stanley Cup..... crouched about 2 feet in front of the tv doing some amazingly graceful contortions while I watched the Oilers go down fighting.)

"I want a cookie. I want a yellow cookie." (Sweet Boy... talking in his sleep..... that's my boy.)

"Roll over. I'm tired of serving in the advanced capacity as a glorified wheel chuck to keep you from sleeping on your back. And don't try to justify it by calling is SNUGGLING." (Hot Stuff to me.... but he didn't remember saying it because when I called him "Chuck" this morning he didn't know what I was talking about.)

"Crap. It's crap, mama." (Sweet Boy, as he fills his horse trailer with play-dough.)

"My goodness, that boy sure is starting to enunciate his rrr's, isn't he?" (My mom, after Sweet Boy tells HER it's crap.)

"They swimmin'." (Sweet Boy's response when I ask why all his little plastic men are in my watering can.)

4 comments:

LadyBug said...

"They swimmin'" is my favorite.

I don't think you've mentioned anything about this...is Sweet Boy excited about becoming a big brother? Does he talk about the baby a lot?

Homestead said...

Sweet Boy is totally and completely clueless. He understands the concept of babies and he knows we are getting one.... but he thinks that means we are taking Baby Katie home from daycare. One day we were talking about the "baby in my tummy" and he decided it could be, "or a train" and now he likes to put his toy Thomas under his shirt..... it's gonna be a world of adjustment at our house.....

Anonymous said...

RE: Game 7--I was kneeling on the floor, hands behind my head, when Edmonton pulled the goalie. Hubby was like, "Are you being executed?" Maybe. Although Cam Ward is kinda cute.

Homestead said...

Cam Ward is adorable (although I prefer the pre-hairy face look on him) but I don't know that he is even old enough to drink in a bar in the States yet..... I was crouched on the floor in some sort of barbaric yoga position and I was pulling my hair and praying to the gods of smelly hockey gear and cursing the rabbit ears on our tv, the size of our tv & the effect of white uniforms on white ice..... this is why I generally must consume large quantities of beer to watch sports on tv.