Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Predictions

*UPDATE AT END

I'm back from my second once-a-week appointment.

The stats:

I gained half a pound and am up 22 lbs for the whole pregnancy. (Impressive until you remember I was 10-15 lbs heavy BEFORE the pregnancy.) And that is without the swelling weight I'm sure I'll gain later this week when the weather gets hot.

My belly is 35cm. Down one from last week due to baby shifting and dropping. If it goes down 2-3cm in a week they worry about amniotic fluid. He is guessing it will be a smaller baby (SB was 8lbs, 10oz & 22 in) and if he had to guess he'd say low 7's for weight.

We don't know if it is a girl or boy and, honestly, don't care. Hot Stuff would like a girl. I have mixed feelings..... I just want it to be definitively one or the other and I'll be happy. We are making our friends and family crazy by not finding out the sex..... too late for another ultrasound now.

We are having some due date issues. Based on my lmp date (which is very, very accurate.... I won't go into details but I'd just returned from a long trip and Hot Stuff was on a fire after that....) my due date is July 12. Based on my February ultrasound my due date is July 15. So... whatever. I'm using "mid-July" as my due date.

Sweet Boy was lmp due May 25 (again with the very accurate thing.... what? Hot Stuff was headed to a 14-day dispatch and we figured we'd miss the window for that month anyway so we just had a fun one.... and that's why SB is my little love child.... all that stress and careful planning and in the end he was just a lucky little swimmer) and his multiple-ultrasound due date was May 17th. He was born June 1st. So... whatever.

So you want my predictions? I'm saying it will be a girl on July 17th. 7lbs, 7oz. (Tune in tomorrow when I post about the ten pound boy I just had......)

*Game ON. My friend K just emailed to say it will be a boy on July 14th. 8lbs, 1oz.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl...July 15 (that's my hubby's b'day)...9 lbs 4 oz.

PSUMommy said...

My due date was different than my OB's (and MW with my 2nd)...and I'm still mad that they didn't just change the stupid thing! I mean, come on, it was only different by a few days...make a pregnant woman happy! For crying out loud!

I'm not going to guess...I'm always wrong. Soooo....I'll just say that I hope you go into labor before pregnancy becomes uncomfortable for you!

Homestead said...

onecruegirl- NINE POUNDS FOUR OUNCES.... I'll remember this when you're the one who looked like she swallowed a basketball.....

psumommy- So sorry to see you are still around... I was hoping you were taking a maternity break. Soon, very soon.

Susan said...

Girl, July 17, 6lbs 8oz. Because the 17th is Charlie's birthday and I SO thought he was a girl (I didn't care, but I really did think he was a girl). Oh, and 6 8 was his birth weight.

So what does the winner get?

PSUMommy said...

*grin* Thanks, homestead, but I'm actually doing quite well...I don't mind that I'm still pg. Especially because I have NOTHING READY YET. Gack!

PSUMommy said...

*grin* Thanks, homestead, but I'm actually doing quite well...I don't mind that I'm still pg. Especially because I have NOTHING READY YET. Gack!