Tuesday, June 20, 2006

T-minus 3 weeks and one day to my "official" due date of July 12th.

Anyone like to place bets as to when this child will hatch?

Keep in mind:

1. Sweet Boy was about 5-6 days late.

2. I'm measuring smaller with this baby. (But SB was 8lbs, 10oz and 22 inches.)

3. I feel amazing. No swelling yet. No heartburn. Sleeping well. No napping after work. (go ahead... hate me..... I'm sure I'll pay by having a naughty baby.)

4. I'm having fairly regular Braxton-Hicks contractions... as a matter of fact, I'm having one right now. But nothing that gets into any sort of pattern. And sometimes they do something to that nerve on the inside of my leg and it hurts... what's that about??

5. My best friend called me over a week ago and said, "How does it feel to be more pregnant that I ever was?" (She never made it past 36 weeks with any of her 3 kids.) I'm still not sure what my snappy-clever-witty response SHOULD have been..... but what I did say was, "Uuhhhh. Bitch." Clever, I know.


Things I am not prepared for:

1. I can't find one box of tiny baby stuff. I'm pretty sure it is the tiny clothes & the night-time nursing bras... who knows what else. The only remaining place it could be is the garage rafters (we had an unfortunate stuff-stashing incident with the rafters... Hot Stuff couldn't take it anymore and started jamming boxes up there.) So I've decided I am not climbing up there or down will come baby... belly and all.... so I wait patiently for my knight-in-shining to get off his ass and go up there.... or I wait for being home after delivery.... I can climb up there my own damn self then.

2. The hospital bag.... it is not packed. (Although the camera is charged & I have some take-out menus printed.... why aren't take-out menus on any of those "what to pack" lists?)

3. A lengthy delivery. Last time my big fear was being sent home from the hospital with false labor.... I really dreaded that condescending pat on the head from some salty old nurse. Well, she tried that with her, "Are you SURE you are in labor?" (Well, no, it's my first baby and, well, I woke up at 1:30 and I got here about 5:00.... did I come in too early?) and "We'll put a sheet on the bed before we exam you so we don't mess the bed up for the next gal." (And, to quote my doc less than two hours later, "Go ahead and push and why the hell is there a sheet on this bed?") So, you see, I have some serious standards to live up too this time.... everyone is expecting a record-breaking roadside delivery from me..... what if I have 76 hours of labor? I will cry.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh god, if you have 76 hours of labor *I* will cry.

Charlie's birthday is July 17. Good day for a baby. Okay, unless you're the one CARRYING it for the five extra days . . .

Homestead said...

Funny. My sister is voting for June 28th or July 17th. My mom wants July 18th.... her wedding anniversary. And you KNOW the reason I went over last time is her fault.... she said, "Oh, have the baby on my birthday." .... So I did. Meanest thing she's ever said to me.

LadyBug said...

I was wondering yesterday how close you were. psumommy is in her final two weeks, and I knew you two were pretty close, due-date-wise.

Love and hugs to you, Homestead.

PSUMommy said...

Yes, but I'm still winning!

Well. Maybe. And, Ok, I can't really say that because I'm not exactly positively *sure* when, and I still say my due date is about a week off, closer to yours.

Is it weird that I'm jealous of your regular BH contractions? Seriously. I'm jealous.

And I paid for an extremely easy-feeling-great-this-whole-time-pregnancy by having a breech baby. And now it keeps getting HOT and HUMID. BLECH...the only times I really feel pregnant.

I fear the long delivery, too...I have TWO extremely short deliveries to live up to here. I just hope the trend continues. For both of us!

Hugs to you!