Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day or Labor Day...

I tried to go into labor last night. Really, I did. I went into labor with Sweet Boy at 1:30 am the day after Memorial Day…. So I tried for a repeat but failed.

Doc appt Friday was uneventful. Well, except he sprung a surprise “Let’s check your cervix” clause into the contract. He’s supposed to be so hands-off. Hah! Nothing says “holiday weekend” like a little cramping and spotting. Didn’t bother me too much but it makes Hot Stuff crazy and, of course, makes him deny me sexual favors….. which makes me grumpy.

The doc also said I’m measuring smaller than I did with Sweet Boy. I tried to get more info. Does that mean it is a girl? Does that mean s/he isn’t positioned correctly for the record-breaking speed birth I’m planning? Should I be eating more? Does this mean the baby needs more ice cream? Are you concerned? Should I be concerned? Is it because I started the pregnancy a solid 10 pounds heavier than I should be? You can hide a lot of baby in 10 pounds, can’t you? He gave me that mild look and said, “It doesn’t mean anything.” Rats.

I now officially go to two-week appointments. Next one is June 14th.

So then on Sunday one of my favorite ex-boyfriends called. He (and his wife) were in Yellowstone and would be through in the late afternoon…. Could they spend the night?

Um. Sure.

So we added two more chairs for the Major Birthday Bash ™ we had planned and continued with our lives.

4 comments:

PSUMommy said...

Yeah, it hit 90 degrees here yesterday & today (it's been in the upper 50s lower 60s) and I decided that if this continues, I WILL do everything in my power to induce labor. Darn it.

Sorry to hear about the surprise inspection! I don't have mine until next time- 36 weeks. I'm surprised they did yours so early! I'm glad to hear everything is Okie Dokie for you!

And yes- the doctor may not tell you, but 'measuring small' most absolutely definitely means 'eat more ice cream'. Trust me.

Susan said...

I'm not measuring small (hell, I'm not even pregnant) but I will certainly eat some ice cream for you!

Anonymous said...

I'll eat that ice cream too; maybe it will help us GET pregnant!

SierraBella said...

Well Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!
(A day early, but what the heck.)

A little ice cream can't hurt.