Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Major Birthday Bash ™

Sweet Boy turns 2 on Thursday. Hot Stuff is having cataract surgery (again) the day before AND Thursday is also our anniversary AND my mom’s birthday AND my daycarista has this week off.

So we celebrated on Sunday night with spaghetti and chocolate cake. (With my amazing chocolate frosting.) I am not one of those people who believes in having a big party for a little person…. But I do love a party. We had the in-laws, Hot Stuff’s sister & family, my ex-college boyfriend & his wife (more on that later) and my sister. This weekend we will go to “the farm” and continue celebrating there. Much laughter, several small squealing children, no major calamities….. that pretty much sums it up. Sweet Boy ate his broccoli (even as his two cousins literally gagged on it) and did his best Shrek impersonation while eating his spaghetti… (Ah, weedrat….)

I actually LISTENED to Hot Stuff when he said we have TOO MANY TOYS in our house and got Sweet Boy a bike helmet, a spiderman toothbrush, new sippy cups, a few little art supplies and NO TOYS. Hot Stuff got him a giant bulldozer, a big backhoe & a little pickup and trailer (which Sweet Boy insisted on sleeping with). Do you see the issue here? Yes, my spouse is two-faced…. A nice ass, but two-faces.

1 comment:

PSUMommy said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

I'm not a big believer in big parties for little kids, either, but somehow every single year, the birthdays become this huge spectacle including all of our family plus some. Which I end up being the one who cleans/cooks/bakes/freaks out for. I hate it.

And I had to grin about your hubby getting the toys anyway. Sounds a bit like my hubby!