Monday, May 08, 2006

It's just a dream buddy, go back to sleep...

Sweet Boy woke up sobbing last night saying, "Mama, don't let Gunnar eat my pizza."

He gets that from me.... that love of pizza.

So, after getting him settled back down but before going back downstairs to watch the incredibly bad movie my husband picked out (Did you hear that? A stinker... from Hot Stuff... usually I pick the bad movies.....) I took a moment to dwell on the evening in all it's perfection.

Homestead's recipe for a perfect Sunday night:

The laundry is done. (Never mind the couch cushion slipcovers... that's a story for another post.)
The house is relatively clean and tidy.
The husband went to town to pick up pizza & a dvd.
Wilcoxson's fudgecicles for dessert.
The sister is entertaining with stories of her weekend.
The child is playing adorably.... racing around the living room pretending he is a puma or a dragon or a puma-dragon. (I have to find out where he is getting this "puma" thing.)
The mama is parked in the ugly comfy recliner with a big glass of water with lemon and a surprisingly good novel.

I'm just so content. We survived the hussle and bussle of graduation weekend (Good job Sister!!) and ate breakfast at IHOP to celebrate Mother's Day while my mom was here. We did a bit of "that" shopping.... toothpaste, laundry detergent, pet treats. I got stuff to dye the couch cushion covers (again). Hot Stuff did a bit of mowing. I pulled a few weeds. We played trucks in the dirt. I didn't worry too much about anything on my "to do" list. I read and talked to my sis while Sweet Boy napped. We ate Hershey's dark chocolate kisses and went for a little walk. I wish weekends like this could go on forever.

2 comments:

LadyBug said...

What a wonderful weekend.

Love and hugs to you, dear.

schmims said...

The way to my heart is through PIZZA!