Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Rice Crispy Treats

Here's a tip.  Don't go to Costco the day before school starts.  Everybody within a 10-mile radius is in there buying peanutbutter and bread. 

I overheard a dad (with 3 or 4 kids around him) say to the mom, "Do they start school tomorrow?"

I beaned him with a box of rice crispy treats.

No.  Not really.

I did buy Sweet a box of pre-packaged rice crispy treats.  I thought it would be a delightful back-to-school treat and he's been begging for them every time we go.  Bonus... I had a coupon. 

He said, "Oh, mom, you are the best mom ever."  "Because I buy your rice crispy treats?"  "Yeah.... that and when you make fudge."

Love that boy.

Then he tried one.

Now what do I do with the remaining 53 treats?  You know "picky eater" took one bite and didn't like them.

3 comments:

Christal said...

Put 'em in the Halloween give out stash. (You know they last forever.)

Elle said...

I'm in the same boat w/ Christal. There's enough preservative in those suckers to last until NEXT Halloween. Provide them as a class snack. Or pawn them off on your day care lady . . .

kae said...

What time were you at Costco? The girls and I went too and I won't make that mistake twice.