Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lasagna Cupcakes

From Framed.

I love this site.  Although I made the French Toast Muffins and they were not a hit at our house.  My kids love Schwann's French Toast Sticks but I haven't attempted a recreation of those.

Yesterday, due to unforseen circumstances, I was home all day with the kids.  SO we made these for dinner.  Served with a lovely side salad and some frozen corn.  Just call me June.  June Cleaver.

Below is my re-adapted recipe from Framed who snagged a version from Food.com

Lasagne Cupcakes

Pasta sauce 2 cups or so
Ground meat 2lbs (I used moose last night)
Wonton wrappers (I used 3/cupcake...so 36)
Mozzarella
Fresh Parmesan
Cottage cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray 12 serving muffin tin with Pam Olive Oil spray.

Cook meat.  Slap a wonton in the bottom of the muffin tin (mine is a muffin silicone... not nearly as great as a tin).  The "real" recipe recommends cutting them into a circle... I didn't.  Sprinkle parm, mozz & cottage cheese.  Then meat.  Then a spoonful of sauce.  Wonton again.  Cheeses.  Meat.  Sauce.  Wonton.  Cheeses.  Meat. Sauce.  Top it off with a blob of mozz and a sprinkle of parm.

Bake about 20 minutes.  Let sit about 5 min.  I (am so smart) put the pan on a cookie sheet because, well, since my microwave shit it's pants I have no way to self-clean my oven... I'm a careful cook now.

Getting the mini-mes out of the pan seemed like a challenge but the handy-dandy pam olive oil spray worked like magic and they popped right out. 

So cute.  So delish.  Bugsy ate one all by herself (and a good chunk of Ceasar salad... that girl is odd.)

So there you have it.... an easy week-day version of lasagne... in portion controlled format.  I imagine they would freeze nicely if we weren't such hoggers.

No comments: