Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Girls

I love the word brassiere. Is that how you spell it?

My grandma always used that word.

SarahP commented on a recent post that every woman, after a baby, should go get fitted and get a new bra or two.

Here's my question.

WHICH BRA?

I need some suggestions for good nursing ones.

Here's a funny story:

Before the wedding my mom came down and we took the two girls and went shopping. I needed shoes and a bra for my bridesmaid dress.

So we went to Macy's at 10:00 when they opened. Found shoes.

Shopped bras. I figured it was my only chance so I tried on lots. Tuff mimicked our every move.... holding bras out, checking the tags, holding them up to her front. Then she'd either shake her head and put them back or hang them on her arm.

So I had a LOT of bras to try on.... she was "helping" me by trying them on as well (picture it... now stop laughing) and then she went in the next dressing room and was playing "worker girl" with some extra hangers. Then she went out to find more bras.*

She brought in three bras and I will be damned if I didn't end up buying one of the ones she brought me.... how did she know my size better than I did??


*Now wait, before you think I was letting my child run wild let me assure you... it was 10am... the store had just opened and there were no child stealers in the store and, two, she was being quiet, polite and respectful and NOT making a mess.....

1 comment:

SarahP said...

The only suggestion I offer for nursing bras are the ones that can be pulled to the side, not the snap at the top kind. Although then you gain large straps that want to show with v-neck or scoop-neck tops. Ugh. I like Medela's sleep bra, but it doesn't offer support. I wish they came with a little flap or something to insert a nursing pad, so you don't have to remove that while nursing, or shove it to the side so it gets all folded and wrinkled so you have to remove it anyway...can you tell I'm currently dealing with nursing in public issues??!!

My favorite bra is the Victoria's Secret Biofit. Got one after I weaned Baby #1, spent a lot on it, but I wore that sucker out! Makes the post-nursing girls look good!