Friday, October 16, 2009

And the Powers That Be spoke and said, "Go to bed at 9:00"

Am I getting old?

Wait. Don't answer that.

The Powers That Be seem to be telling me, via the terrible TV available in the 9-10 slot, to go to bed early.

Every fall we sort of figure out what we want to watch..... "My Name is Earl" and "Chuck" were both favorites that seem to have disappeared.

So last night I was reading a trashy paperback and realized we aren't watching a lot of tv lately.

This is good.

So I looked at the lineups and listed the things I thought we'd consider watching.....

Monday: House at 7. Trauma at 8. Lie to Me at 8. Castle at 9.
Tuesday: That witchy woman a few seasons ago spoiled The Biggest Loser for us.... but the kids love Hell's Kitchen. And watching them play it cracks me up. We make dinner and they call me Chef and do my bidding. But it ended this week.
Wednesday: Mercy at 7. The Middle looks funny but I haven't actually watched it yet.
Thursday: FlashForward at 7. Bones at 7. The Office at 8. Grey's at 8.
Friday: You know... I once liked Law & Order.... no more.
Sunday: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition at 7. Tradition demands we eat dinner late on tv trays in the living room.

These are the things I'd consider watching but I'm not in love with any of them. And the only one in the 9 slot is Castle.... and it is kinda dumb. But Trauma and Lie to Me at the same time? So wrong. And Grey's & The Office at the same time.... killing me.

I wish we got A&E so I could watch Hoarders.... and I wish we got CBS so I could watch.... well, whatever is on CBS.

What's everyone else watching now that the new fall lineup is out? Should I just give up and get "Dexter" on my netflix list??

3 comments:

SarahP said...

You do not want to watch Hoarders. Trust. It has turned me into a compulsive thrower-awayer! I was in Missoula this past week, and was thrilled to watch The Big Bang Theory on CBS again, since we no longer get CBS because the affiliate out of Billings is a douchebag. Pretty much the only things I watch (and all of them are DVR'd) are Modern Family (which, meh...was funny at first but not so much now), Cougar Town (meh again, but kinda funny along with the meh--I really like Christa Miller who plays the uncool best friend who stays at home with her baby Stan [hahaha - Stan! Maybe it's just funny because I too have a baby boy with an old man's name]), and The Office. Never got into Grey's. Watched Mercy a time or two. TV as a whole lately is pretty poor.

PS Is it just me, or are Missoulians kind of weird?

kae said...

You mean everyone doesn't go to bed at 9:00? I've given up on trying to watch tv, especially this time of year. Football, baseball, and hunting shows. As I type, there is a guy bow hunting on our tv. Sigh.

Homestead said...

We have all the hunting stuff on dvd.... which leads to Tuff wandering around the house doing her elk call.... which is actually pretty good.... and suction cup darts being shot at the target on the side of the washing machine.....