Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Cheese Sandwich

Do you ever have this conversation with your child?

Here, I made you a quickie sandwich for the road.

Does it have yellow cheese? American cheese?

No.

I don't want it.

It's what you get. Eat it or wear it.

I want a bagel.

No.

I want American cheese.

No.

Please?

Eat it.

No.

Eat it.

No.

Try it please.

No.

One taste.

No.

One tiny nibble.

No.

Ok, one tiny nibble and if you don't like it you can spit it out.

Hmmm. Ok. One.

(Pause, chewing, grinning)

Hey mom.... I really like it.

This was us with monterey jack cheese today. And, honestly, it makes me wonder what things I'm not trying that I might like....

1 comment:

MeesheMama said...

Yep. Over and over and over. That grin followed by "I really DO like this, Mama!" Makes you wanna....