Monday, June 27, 2005

PAX is gonna be WB!!!

Do you know what this means?

Ok. Background. We’re Rednecks….. is that news to anybody? But we are Special Rednecks….’cause we’re Educated Rednecks. (and, yes, we do know what an “oxymoron” is…) And not just community-college-two-year-associates-degree-in-welding educated… we are talking nationally acclaimed liberal arts college educated. But wait… I brag & I digress. So, as Rednecks we claim stubborn, poor but proud, hard-working and creative as our birthright.

What does this mean?

Well, we don’t have cable. And, I was thrilled to discover, neither do other people we know.

We can’t get cable where we live… or DSL… or anything but satellite. And (see “poor but proud” above) we have chosen to live on (and pay for) our overpriced-but-delightful homestead rather than have some of the more common modern expenses like satellite or car payments or memberships to the wine-of-the-month club. (Although I’m still hoping for that as a Christmas gift… anyone?)

In the past, we lived in town and got 6 tv stations. ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS & the religion channel. Then FOX turned into PAX and we got more than our needed dose of “Diagnosis Murder.” In our current home we can get NBC & PAX on the tv in the living room via rabbit ears. Upstairs we get CBS & ABC. Gone are the days of watching “Red Green” and “Antiques Roadshow” because we can’t get PBS anywhere in the house. I miss Red. I don’t really miss that toothy guy on the religion channel… he made me nervous.

But… HERE’S THE NEWS PEOPLE…. PAX is turning into The WB.

What does this mean?

Well, I’m not sure since I’ve never really seen The WB…. But it can’t be worse than PAX, can it?

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

We didn't have cable for a long time. I got mad at the cable company and cancelled it. We did, however, have DSL. Now, of course, we have cable TV, a cable modem AND cable telephone. I'm thinking about going back to the phone company though cause they are offering some enticing deals. We'd have to decide then whether to keep the cable. Since I only watch HGTV these days, it would be a sacrifice for me to give up my cable.

LadyBug said...

If I'm not mistaken, WB is home of the "Blue Collar Comedy" show.
And no, I'm not just telling you that because you are a self-confessed redneck. I'm telling you that because I LOVE Blue Collar Comedy. Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy. Does it get...'scuse me...GIT any better than that?

SierraBella said...

I think you'll like the WB.
I love Antiques Roadshow! Yeah, PBS!