Thursday, August 23, 2007

We are Filthy Animals.....

I finally gave up Saturday and cleaned the car. It looks, well, it looks like we’ve been living in it for the last few weeks. Everything came out and was piled to heaping on the dining room table. Lifejackets, towels, spare swimwear, picnic baskets, water bottles, diaper bags, sunglasses, hats, sunscreen, napkins, sand toys, drink cups…. You name it…. It was in there.

I found fried chicken. Specifically, I found a piece of fried chicken skin in the stroller. So out came the garden hose. Hosing off the car seats, stroller & floor mats yielded a gold mine for the dog (and not just because he loves to attack the water stream from the hose). Crackers & cereal in quantity came out of the nether regions of the car seat. Ew. I don’t want to ever consider my car seat’s nether regions again. Nasty. And now probably full of wet, pulpy cheerio ooge. Thank the stars for low humidity. It will dry into something sculptural. Right?

So now we are back to having the usual minimum of crap in the car…. Including, of course, the picnic basket… for those, um, unexpected picnics…..

2 comments:

Elle said...

We are filthy animals, too . . when it comes to MY car . . . but in all actuality . . IF we even get stranded in a snowstorm, I hope we're driving mine. I'm certain we can find enough trail mix, m&m's and petrified french fries to survive for a week.

Homestead said...

Do you still have a giant rock under the driver's seat? 'Cause I remember getting that rock....