Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Throwing It All Away….

How is it that I seem to ALWAYS be purging and simplifying and yet…. Still…. There is SO MUCH STUFF??? HOW?

My darling, fashionable and ruthless sister was here last weekend. She helped me cull my makeup. Now, let’s remember how much makeup I actually wear…. Almost none. So this should be easy, right?

Quote of the Day, “Well, this was old and this much used up when I gave it to you several years ago so I think you can let it go….”

Tossed: several eyeshadows, old bronzers, powder compacts with just a tiny scrape left on the edge, some funny smelling cover up, makeup sponges, a makeup brush I got for being in a wedding when I was in the 6th grade… the brush lasted a lot longer than the marriage did….

What remains:

The Aveda tinted moisturizer I wear every day… really, it’s usually all I wear.
The Bare Escentuals stuff my sister got me for Christmas (on my to do list STILL is watching the application video) I have the starter kit, a mini bronzer and a mini blush.
A fancy shimmery loose powder
My new Jane mascara
3 eyeliners (brown, blue & grey)
3 eyeshadows (brown duo, purple duo & silver)
An eyelash curler & a lash/brow comb & 2 pairs of tweezers
A few nice, clean brushes
2 lip liners
2 lipsticks and several lip glosses

I’m usually one to brag about not being attached to material things but in me there is an old soul that survived the Great Depression and that soul was crying out. I had to dump some leftover spaghetti on the stuff in the garbage to keep myself from digging out that makeup brush from the 6th grade….

No comments: