Friday, August 10, 2007

A Thursday Night Project....

So what do you do when you "inherit" a pile of canvas logoed bags and you have a lot of toys to store??? You get crafty.... hah! Large, zip-top logo canvas bag and heavy-ish weight fabric on clearance for $2/yd at Joann's.

A few minutes with the iron and the sewing machine and ta-da..... storage for all of the various construction-themed toys in our house.

In my perfect world a few of these "theme bags" will hang on the pegboard wall (that hasn't been installed yet) in Sweet Boy's room.

Sweet Boy thrives on this kind of organization.... he can get out EVERY SINGLE grader, dozer, dumper, excavator, loader and any other toys that require a "bbbbwwwgggggrrrrr" noise from the back of your throat to operate..... and they are easy to pick up so the Toy Fairy doesn't take them.




The downsides to this project... I think my sewing machine is crapping out again... it's doing an odd stitch on the back seam. I can't cut straight. I can't sew straight. I hand-stitched the little pocket and it isn't going to stay..... I washed the bag and the canvas shrank but the webbing didn't so it is a bit funky.... but who cares? I spent about a $1 on it and SB loves it.

1 comment:

M&Co. said...

". . .and SB loves it."

And isn't that what matters most?

M&Co. at MyOwnCircleOfConfusion