Thursday, January 28, 2010

Me. Defined.

An excerpt of an email I sent to Elle. She's getting serious about being an organizational blogger. I can't wait.

Who do I love? Crap. I have no idea…. It will come to me. I like flylady.net for some of her stuff. The idea of just jumping in and getting after it. I like ikea. I like the container store. I can’t think of the organizing one I love the most….. I like the idea of simplicity. I think the blog should be about that…. I know… it’s a very trendy topic right now. But here’s the thing…. It is so appropriate. I like David Allen and Getting Things Done. I like Mark Forester. I like Hoarders. I like The Gilbert Center and his ideas on time and technology management. I like steam cleaners and streamlining. I like nesting. I like paint colors and the idea of little alters and stolen moments. I like lists. I like books. I like books about lists. I like taking little everyday moments and treasuring them and treating them like something important. I like celebrating the everyday. I like Martha. I like cupcakes. Your blog should be like a really good cupcake. Celebrated little tidbits of decadence. Little things really worth celebrating in the everyday. Totally relished and not wolfed down while in transit to that some-other that will never be achieved. Living in the moment. I like dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds. I like the idea of one really good piece of dark chocolate over a bag of crappy stuff. One really good cup of coffee over a pot of instant. One really good vase of flowers over a whole shelf of knick knacks. I like design. I like the shape of things and how they play off each other. I like trying to mix modern and simple with farmhouse/woodsy and homey.

1 comment:

SarahP said...

dark chocolate pomogranate seeds? I'm in!