Friday, January 29, 2010

300. But not the Movie.

I've been toying with the idea of creating several 300 calorie "meals" and then just rotating 5-6 of them into my day every day.

Um, Homestead....

Yes?

Six times 300 is 1800 calories.

Yes.

Isn't that, well, a LOT for someone trying to drop a few pounds?

Yes. But, dear reader, you must remember I am an acception to every rule. I'm powering a small human with my chesticles.... I NEED those calories.


I'm a creature of habit. I can eat the same couple of things every week and be perfectly happy. So, in my ever-planning-never-doing mind I was lining out the things I eat most often:


1. Mountain High low-fat vanilla yogurt, fiber one cereal, chocolate sauce.
2. Tortilla, refried beans, cheddar, peppers, cherry tomatoes.
3. Veggie & cheese omelet.
4. Fried egg sandwich.
5. Toast with cheese.
6. Chai tea.
7. Coffee with 2% milk.
8. Apple with caramel sauce.
9. Spaghetti.
10. Caesar salad.
11. Chicken tender salad with cheddar and ranch.
12. Pita with olive oil and cheese melted on top. (Pizza!)
13. Tacos.
14. Wheat thins.
15. Avocado and cheese grilled sandwich.

So imagine my suprise when Prevention came out with a whole diet book about it!! Here's a preview of some of the menu ideas they suggest. I shoulda got on this... I coulda made a million.

No comments: