Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Paradise Lost....

Is fuck you to strong in the language department?

Because, seriously, when I read articles like this one it is my first reaction.

Specifically it is this part "NBC affiliate KCRA-TV reported that some residents in the area were refusing to leave, instead locking themselves in their homes and counting on fire crews to protect them as the fire approaches." that boils my blood....

Guess why.

Because, while it isn't my husband this time, it very easily could be.

Yeah.... that guy you are paying $10/hour? The one who doesn't get hazard pay? The one who you expect to RISK HIS LIFE to protect you.... for him I say this....

GET OVER YOURSELF.

You are willing to risk someone else's life just so you can stay in your house?

I have no words for how stupid, immature and irresponsible you are. And if my husband or his friends and crewmates die because of you.... I have no words for how stupid, immature and irresponsible I will become. I'll come burn down your fuckin' house myself.

Here's what you do. GO TO THE SHELTER. Take you portable hard drive and your box of important memories and paper work and your dog and GET THE FUCK OUT.

Worried if your house burnt down? Here's what I've heard... call your land line. If it rings, the house stands. If you get a busy signal... it's toast.

Now. Pitter-patter, get at 'er. Go. Pack your shit. Flee.

Don't make me call you a jack ass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No. Not too strong. Probably not even strong enough. (Of course threatening arson on them might be a tad bit strong, but still pretty reasonable.)

Not sure what people are thinking sometimes.

Your husband is a serious superhero.

Homestead said...

I suppose threatening arson on a public forum is a bit.... extreme.

My husband is a seriously sexy superhero.