Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Clutter: Wedding

Unclutterer is talking about wedding clutter today.

How about you? Wedding clutter? I have my dress in a box in the shed.

From the list in the post:

Napkins. We didn't have special wedding napkins.
Cookie Bags. Again. No cookie bags. Our favors were homemade seed packets full of wild flowers. Designed and printed by me.... colored (they had a cartoon image of two swooning flowers.... goofy but adorable... just like us) by all the nieces and nephews to entertain themselves at the rehearsal dinner. I'm sure I have a seed packet in the photo album. And I've seen a few gorgeous flowerbeds from the actual seeds.... so that's cool.
Candles. We went with standard, simple white candles for everything. I do have a big white pillar candle on my dresser that looks just like our wedding candle but it, um, gets burnt on a regular basis... ahem, if you know what I mean.
Champagne glasses. We didn't have special glasses. We used a pewter cup that has been handed down several generations in Hot Stuff's family... then it went to the next family members. We did get a lovely set of glasses.... which we used regularly until one broke... now the other is a flower vase and looks lovely with pincushion flowers and daisies.
Greeting cards. I confess... there may be a box of cards in the shed. I guess those could go, huh?
Wedding Programs. Again. In the album. One. Oh, and the template is on the computer.... in case anyone wants to make super-cool programs.
Cake knife. Borrowed from the reception place. Decorated with appropriate ribbons.
Guest book pen. ??? Um, I think we used sharpies. Wow. A detail I truly can't remember... at all.
Wedding favors. See flower packet info above. We also did the old birdseed baggies..... pretty sure I didn't save any.... those were traumatic to make.
Wedding planning book. Oh, is THAT how you are supposed to do it?
Cake topper. We used flowers. Although, had I had access to it... I would have used the little one my grandmother used.... that my brother just used..... it is cool and tiny and adorable.... maybe for our 25th wedding anniversary.

So how 'bout you? Silly things you saved from your wedding?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all this wedding talk, is making me anxious for my brother's wedding this October.

arlene,
Lakewood florist

M&Co. said...

I had my bouquet freeze dried and placed in a glass box.

It's kind of like the ashes of the dogs who we've had cremated. I don't really know what to do with them but I really don't want them.

Why I ever thought I'd want freeze dried flowers.

Homestead said...

I LOVE weddings... just not the stress.

Ha-ha. We got some serious pressure from a freeze-dry lady at a wedding fair.... she was a great sales person but we resisted...

Dog ashes.... um.... scatter them? Our cat is buried by a rock pile by the creek.