Monday, May 12, 2008

Mama Day Recap

I like to spend Mother's Day weekend behaving like I would if I were a perfect mother and wife. So Saturday the boys went to town to the dump and shopping while I made Cabernet-soaked short ribs. Then we had a lovely dinner complete with wine & mashed potatoes. This sauce for the short ribs? To Die For. Amazing. I don't even LIKE short-ribs... but I love this sauce... and I make kick ass mashed potatoes.

The Mama-Weekend swag-haul was pretty sweet. I like those practical gifts. I got the promise of shopping for a platform bed.... does that seem like a good idea? And if you get a platform bed do you leave the box-spring with it and have a really tall bed? How does that work? I got a new showerhead..... we will be doing the install tonight... so if you don't hear from me for a few days, well, try to be understanding.

Sweet got me checkers. Then he and his father beat me mercilessly. Real nice. I also got a Neutrogena face vibrator.... just like the one my sister has..... I'll be all fresh-faced and dewy for the wedding next month.... speaking of.... my brother's fiance (marry him already... the word "fiance" gives me the creeps...) is back finally! I talked to him last night when he was on the way to the airport to get her.... I have not, justifiable, heard from him since.

That's all the news I'm going to print.

2 comments:

MeesheMama said...

Good heavens, what is a face vibrator?

Glad you enjoyed your day.

Homestead said...

You know... one of those face scrubber things... but it vibrates.... I mean... I.... well... uh....

Rejuvenator. That's what they are. A Neutrogena Skin Rejuvenator.