Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Green... but not the Environmental Kind

We spent Sunday visiting Hot Stuff's sister and family. They just finished their basement and it is wowie-zowie. I am jealous... or is it envious? Or whatever. It isn't necessarily my "style" but it is LOVELY. LOVELY. LOVELY. Dark, earthy paint shades. Insanely high ceilings (in a basement!). Giant leather sectional couch. Toy storage, toy storage, toy storage. Big screen tv. Wet bar. Wow.

They also redid a section of the kitchen.... when she described it I didn't get it but when I saw it... wow. It made her kitchen infinitely more usable and comfy.

So I came home and took blue painter tape off the trim in my decidedly not fabulous laundry room and tried to remind myself we are all different and I tried really hard not to be, well, you know.... It isn't that I want what SHE has... I just want what I want... which happens to include some of the things she has. Like storage. And a spare bedroom. And a front loading washer.

Dear Lord.... protect me from the green-eyed monster and grant me peace. (And while your at it... could you toss in a front-loader?)

No comments: