Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Because it isn't all about me.....

In other news:

I finally dusted my living room and the only spot that wasn’t totally coated was the “naughty chair.” Yes, indeed, we are two now.

Sweet Boy LOVES the diving board. I believe this is another case of his physical development being far in advance of his mental development. He has NO FEAR about the diving board and bails off while mama-shamu floats nearby with a funoodle and prays his skinny little arms don’t squirt out of his arm floaties. He doesn’t know he should be scared to jump and now has started doing silly arm motions like he’s going to dive like he sees the big kids do…. NO FEAR. Sprinklers, on the other hand, terrify him.

My dear sweet boy has no idea what he is in for..... I just hope he continues to be so good at entertaining himself. Last night he wanted to paint so we got out his "painting box" (a white boot box that is turning into quite the work of art) and his paints (sponge-tops… the only way to go) and we sat on the porch and painted until the wind started blowing. I got to read most of a magazine, put my feet up & drink a big glass of peppermint tea all the while congratulating myself on fostering my son's creativity & independent spirit.

Driving home the other night. Sweet Boy & I have the tunes turned up loud & we are rocking out to the Shrek soundtrack. SB says, “Wait, Mama, Cwap.” (Cwap? Did he just hooey in his pants? Is this going back to the, “Look, Mama, it’s full of cwap.” Thing when he filled his toy horse trailer with play dough? Mama brains move at lightning speed when trying to decipher the babbling of the young.) I say, “What?” And SB responds with, “Cwap. Mama. Cwap. Like dis.” And he starts clapping his hands in time to the music.

2 comments:

PSUMommy said...

ROTFL...I can't tell you how many times I *thought* my daughter said something and had to have her repeat it because I couldn't believe my ears...

LadyBug said...

::singing::
If you're happy and you know it, cwap your hands!

hee.