Monday, November 28, 2005

Working Girls

Mary P asked..... so, well, yes, actually working cows is sorta like working girls.... but trust me... I'd take that peein'-on-a-stick pregnancy test ANY DAY over what these girls have to go through....

On a sad note.... after 18 healthy babies ALL-Z was "open" (not pregnant). It is the nature of the business but it was a sad thing for all of us. Her tag actually says ALL-Z... short for Alzheimer's. She is sort of a leader-cow and always leads them the wrong way.... girl after my own heart......

2 comments:

Mary P. said...

I grew up in the country, but the only kind of farming that happened round me was tobacco and potatoes.

The closest I've gotten to this kind of thing is the James Herriot books. Ever read the story where he's off to get a semen sample from a bull, and has to try to get the bull to produce into a hand-held "artificial vagina"? At first it's too cold and the bull won't/can't, so he hands it to the farmer, asks him to fill the reservoir with warm water.

Farmer returns shortly, vet tries again - and is nearly killed when an outraged bull reacts to having this thing placed over his stuff - this thing which the farmer had filled with boiling water from his kettle! Herriot tells it way better than me, but it's a very funny story - expect for the poor vet at the time, I'm sure.

WV: wtfguyz - sure what that bull was saying??

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
» » »