Friday, October 21, 2005

Meth.

Here's a link for ya....

The Montana Meth Project.

It took me about half my vacation time to realize that NO OTHER STATES have these ads on tv or radio. Check out the 5 tv spots. What do you think? Too graphic? Dead on? We see them every night on Channel 12. And the billboards & the radio spots.

Do other states have the problem with meth that we have? It is a big deal here. Hot Stuff goes through annual training to learn how to identify a meth lab and what to do. A lot of the labs are in the back woods and the "slag" is very explosive... not to mention the lab owners.... hopped up, tweaked out and armed.

And, with that, I'm outta here.... a fun-filled weekend of work in Billings... back later next week.

4 comments:

Leesa said...

I've heard more about Meth Labs since moving to Montana, then anywhere. I've seen the ads, they are pretty tough but I don't have a problem with them.

Anonymous said...

Washington state has a fair amount of meth issues. It is a very scary substance. We now have laws regarding what kind of cold medicine can be purchased in the normal aisle or at the pharmacy.
We have the 'normal' rate of anti-drug ads running in these parts.

Cheryl said...

Big stuff here in CA, too. I can't remember the last time I saw an anti-drug ad here in L.A. Except for the hard-core addicts shuffling around downtown. They're like walking billboards.

Homestead said...

October 1st Montana began enforcing a law enacted by the 2005 legislature that (I believe) is similar to Washington's to limit purchase of the tablet form of pseudoepinephrine (sp?). There is also a big push to get farmers to lock anhydrous tanks.

That drug....it scares the fuck out of me. Perspective, I guess....