Monday, October 03, 2005

Because I can tell you want to know MORE about me....

10 Years Ago
Putting that bachelor of arts in biology to use program directing and instructing at a martial arts school in California. In great shape but lonely and bored as hell.

5 Years Ago
In love. So in love. Still in love.

1 Year Ago
I hate pumping at work. I hate working. I wonder what Sweet Boy is doing?

Yesterday
Painting. And more painting. And cleaning. And raking. And, all the while, being assisted by the tiny dictator.

5 Snacks I Enjoy
Crackers & cheese
Fresh salsa
Chocolate things
Popcorn
Park Ave Bakery treats

5 Songs I Know All the Words To
My Little Potato
Happy Birthday
Yeah, I usually make up my own words…

5 Things I’d Do with 100 Million Dollars
Remodel the house
Open a bottomless charge account for Hot Stuff at Capital Sports
Set up educational trusts for Sweet Boy & my nieces
Create a trust to give small one-time awards to Montana residents to buy college text books… no financial or age or institution requirements…. Just a tiny boost to as many individuals as possible. The application will have one requirement, “Tell us how you intend to “pay it forward” in kindness.”
Buy really expensive cheese

5 Places I’d Run Away To
The Oregon coast
Down by the creek
San Francisco
Oaxaca, Mexico
The Canadian border
Big Hole River

5 Things I’d Never Wear
anything that needs to be ironed
colored socks (unless they are holiday ones… I have a special thing for holiday ones)
busy prints (unless maybe it was cammo?!?)
peach anything… coral is good… peach makes me look deathly
a blonde wig (ok, just that one time….)

5 Favorite TV Shows
ER
McGuyver
Cleopatra 2525 (this kills my husband)
CSI
Vegas (I just really like the clothes)
Sometimes I wish we had cable or satelite

5 Biggest Joys
Sweet Boy
Hot Stuff
Riding a horse really well (ok, I’m still waiting for that to be consistent but I have small moments of true joy)
A perfect bit of dark chocolate with a glass of good red wine
My hammock

5 Favorite Toys
Orvis flyrod
Digital camera
Skis (downhill)
Compound target bow (that I don’t own yet)
Hot Stuff

6 comments:

Susan said...

You flyfish? Of course you flyfish. So does my husband!

'Buy really expnsive cheese' made me laugh.

I'm so glad you played.

Cheryl said...

This was fun to read. Short, sweet, to the point. I used to have the most beautiful compound target bow. Sparkly red with long white limbs... memories...

Homestead said...

Susan- I enjoy fishing but I'm not very good. Fishing is a touchy subject right now. We've been working like dogs (why do people say that? How hard do dogs really work?) to get the house-in-town ready to sell. Hot Stuff isn't getting out to bow hunt (he calls it hunting.... my freezer is empty.... I call it a very long nature walk.) I haven't fished... I mean really fished.... in a long time. I don't like to go alone... I'm not good enough. Sweet Boy is too little to take... and we just can't seem to make it work. I'm starting to think it will be filed under "things I gave up for motherhood" and that makes me really sad.

Cheryl- I try to shoot Hot Stuff's bow but, well, he's right-handed and his bow is for hunting so I can't even pull it by myself! And I'm terrified of dry-firing it. I just can't decide if I'm "into" it enought to invest.... or if my shoulders will hold up doing it.

Cheryl said...

I used to be serious into archery. My right shoulder and bicep were bigger than the left. :) I hated having to draw the heavier weight for hunting. I couldn't have pulled my dad's bow if I wanted to!

I gave up a lot of things for motherhood--for a while. You start getting pieces of your life back as your kids get older. You'll be teaching Sweet Boy to fish before you know it.

SierraBella said...

Great stuff!

You'll be teaching Sweet Boy fishing and archery in no time.

Pinterest Failures said...

I am so with you on buying expensive cheese! I would finish that sentence with: while traipsing through France. But that's just me. :)