Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Princess

File this under things the pre-kid me thought I'd never do:

Put princess stickers on a little girl's shoes.

Tuff is very sad. Her brother -who has Wile E Coyote feet- got new tennis shoes this week. And they have Transformers, lights AND velcro. Meanwhile she's stuck with a pair of hand-me-down white Nikes with a pink swoosh and, gasp, laces.

This weekend Sweet soaked his spidey shoes (ahh.... remember the days when I swore I wouldn't raise licensed-characted obsessed children? So young and so adorable was I....) and I discovered he had no backups. Oops. Couple that with the fact he learned to ride a 2-wheeler and he uses his feet for brakes and, well, the kid needed shoes.

The spidey-shoes came from Target on clearance for less than $7.... so I'm assuming similar replacements can be found. Alas.... no.

I looked at Target, Shopko & Ross. Nothing. So I sent Hot shopping. He went to Famous Footwear and, for WAY more than I'd spend on a pair of shoes that will be trashed in 3 months, he outfitted our son. (You know the rule to a happy marriage... if you want them to do something then you can't criticize how they do it. Right?)

Sweet was in heaven and practiced running very fast in his new SIZE ONE** shoes. Tuff was pissed.... Now every time we go somewhere she says, hopefully, "Target? Pincess soesh?"

Which brings us to this morning's sticker antics.

I called Hot to tell him and he laughed out loud for about 30 seconds. She's such a.... personality.

So Santa might start looking around for some Tinkerbell sneakers..... because, really, it's all about making sure my Precious Baby is happy.....

**Size One? Size One? He's FOUR YEARS OLD. Size One. I know ELEVEN year olds who don't wear a size one. He really is built like Wile E Coyote.

3 comments:

M&Co. said...

My kid has Fred Flintstone feet; wide and flat. We've only been able to find XXW shoes at the Stride Rite. I didn't feel so bad paying $49.95 for a pair of kids shoes when he didn't wear them down to numbs and I could hand them down to a friend who has a child a year or so younger than the BoyChild who also has XXW feet. Now he wears them until I'm embarrassed into buying him a new pair.

Unknown said...

On the licensed characters, I'm in Underoo hell. If I calculated how much all those underoos cost, I know I would be sick, but we have EVERY character. I'll admit though, underoos are super-cool. I had Wonder woman myself (long ago)!

I'm learning to never even think "I'll never..." or "not my kid". Pacifier, snotty nose/dirty face in public, McDonalds, the list goes on...

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! I always prefer to shop at Famous Footwear to get kids shoes.