Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mission Next

Ok, so we did socks.... and it was a bit of a disappointment for me.... my sock drawer was fairly tame... I did trash a couple pairs of formerly-black trouser socks and add those to the list of things I want for Christmas.....

Let's finish up with unmentionables, shall we?

I have one big drawer in a two drawer dresser that is all about socks, undies & bras. Socks on the right side, bras on the left and undies (in a box) in the middle.
I realized something a few months after Tuff was born.... my panties were in sad shape, and, bonus, breast feeding meant I wouldn't be, ahem, potentially messing them up monthly... if you know what I mean..... So I did a major panty-raid then... but that's been years ago... let's see what we can get rid of today, shall we?

So after Tuff was born I hit a great 10 for 25 sale at Vickie's Secret and restocked. Yes, 10 for 25. Who-hoo. Then I tossed all those stretched out undies that served me so well during pregnancy and the messy weeks after. Today I only got rid of 4 pairs.... one worn out, two uncomfortable and one ugly.

I prefer a combo of thong, bikini & boy short panties... not all at once, of course. Is that too much information? And I really like the thin jockey boy-cuts at Macy's... but I only have one pair and they were a freebie giveaway this spring.

Here's a view of a selection of my (clean) undies:



I'm not wearing any of those panties today. Darn, I love that little girl. And she's so good at dressing herself!

And then there are bras. I have two I wear for work on a regular basis and two that are backups and uncomfortable as hell but will do in a pinch... I should replace those. I usually wear some sort of workout tank with a build in bra on weekends. I also have a fake-Spanx tank top and two slips in my panty drawer.

So, yes, I have two functional bras... what of it? How many of the many, many bras in your drawer do you actual wear regularly? Oh.

Ok, in the name of full disclosure..... I also have a plastic box in the closet with some "special" unmentionables... when I am 96 and die my kids will howl when they clean THAT box out. But, while the kids are little, those sweetie little things really only see the light of day for holidays... like Valentine's and birthdays and Christmas Eve. And I just heard both my brother and my father fall over dead. Sorry guys.

It's much easier to report the unmentionables of Hot Stuff.... he doesn't wear any. Unless he's on a fire... then it is one added layer of protection before he burns the boys. Uh, and he likes boxer briefs... I've tried getting him the dark colored ones to hide the soot but I never get the right kind so he's on his own now. And I just heard my husband fall over dead.

Sweet wears mostly tighty-whiteys with super heros on them... although he has started showing a preference for the boxer-briefs..... He hasn't outgrown his undies as fast as the rest of his clothes so he actually has some that fit... there were a few days in there when he was "out" of size 2-3 but I hadn't shopped for bigger that were, um, a little soprano around our house.

Tuff likes pink panties. And she really likes them to have princesses on them or tinkerbell... I do what I can. And pink pullups for bed time. Not diapers. Not leftover spiderman pullups from her brother. Pink. Pullup. Ah... two. And I confess we just got a stash of hand-me-down princess panties from her cousin and I have no problem letting her wear them. Is that bad parenting?

Ok, go to your undie drawer. Release the worn, the frayed, the uncomfortable and the ugly. Go.

2 comments:

M&Co. said...

Did you know spandax has a bra now? And get this, it's only $62.00! Yeah, like that's going to happen.
Go look: http://www.spanx.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3319431

Elle said...

i'm on it.