Friday, February 15, 2008

VD Wrap Up

It was a great evening.

Steak. Salad. Steamed veggies. Wine.

Hot Stuff got home early and the house was tidy and there were presents on the table. I got THE SWEETEST card from my son. My in-law's came down with cupcakes, cookies, candy & cards and had a glass of wine with us. My sis-in-law (you over-achiever you) sent cookies, brownies and cute homemade cards.... Which makes me feel totally guilty but we all already know I can't keep up with her in the cute-family-moments department so I've forgiven myself and I don't worry about it.

Normally I don't think of Valentine's Day as a big gift giving holiday but, like so many of my perceptions, kids are changing that a bit.... Sweet got a new puzzle, an activity pad & some candy. Tuff got watercolors (so she stops using her brother's), notepads & some candy. We love the dollar store. Hot Stuff got a new chain for his wedding ring & St. Florian medal and a gc to his favorite store. (See honey, I do listen!) I got a bracelet I've been hinting heavily about.... (Lauren's Hope Medical Id) and....

A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO GET MY CAR CARPET SHAMPOO-ed. OMG. That's true love. I love you honey. Seriously. The SMELL in my Beautiful. New. Car is completely overwhelming. I've cleaned and cleaned and can't find the source. Professional cleaning is the only thing that will fix it... I hope. I have no idea how much it cost... too much, I'm sure... but I don't care.... it MUST BE FIXED. (Preferably before the weather warms up because I have a sneaking suspicion the smell is milk-based... ew.)

That, my friends, is true love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I got a new microwave. THAT'S romance!