Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Celebration of Love

Traditionally, we make lasagna for Valentine's Day.

One year, when I was preggo with Sweet, we went "out" for dinner. It was, um, an experience. Delayed seating, delayed service, rubbery lobster legs, run-outta shrimp, cold steak.... it was FUN.

And we swore... never again. (I feel kinda like Scarlet saying that... but it was fun dressing up..... I broke out the cute red maternity top (Elle... you know the one....) for the occasion... even though I was in no way large enough for maternity wear at that point.... I'd like to think sympathy for the preggers woman is what FINALLY got us service that night....)

Now we make lasagna and salad and drink wine.... except tonight.

Tonight we are having steak.

There are 3 reasons we are having steak.

1. We can't afford lasagna.
2. Steak is quick.
3. Hot Stuff is dieting.... again.

I think we are having round steaks... I can't quite remember what package I pulled out of the freezer..... We will probably stick them under the broiler.... or pan fry them. It is too miserable to dig out the bbq. Turn off the tv, turn on the ipod. Put the kids to work tearing up lettuce for the salad.

Add red wine & dark chocolate.

Serve.

No comments: